Re: brasero requires gvfs

On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 09:31:46 +0200
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

> > The concept of free software has become a myth :(
>
> There is always Gentoo if libraries you consider useless bother you.
> Binary distributions tend to enable all possibly useful features.
>
> Cheers,
>        Sven

Gentoo isn't the only alternative. Just in case Jessie turns out to be
unworkable for me when it goes stable, last night I made a very nice
OpenBSD desktop computer that had most of what somebody could want on a
desktop. However, try as I might, I couldn't get Sigil to compile on
OpenBSD, and my business depends on Sigil for the next year or so.

So what I'm now considering, as an escape route if systemd causes
everything to go to hell in a handbasket (and we don't know whether
that will happen), is that my main desktop is OpenBSD, with a virtual
machine running Debian or Ubuntu in a VM in order to use Sigil and
anything else I can't get to work on OpenBSD.

I feel much better now that I know I have a Plan B.

SteveT