Re: brasero requires gvfs

On 2014-09-07 02:30 +0200, lee wrote:

> Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> writes:
>
>> Ahoj,
>>
>> Dňa Sat, 06 Sep 2014 02:08:47 +0200 lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> napísal:

>>> Debian has decided to feature several init systems, so any dependency
>>> on an init system you're not using because you're using another one
>>> is a bug that needs to be reported and fixed.
>>>

>> I see it in the same manner, and then i agree with you. I see there
>> some questions which need to be answered:
>
> I don't think they will fix the bug because:
>

> [~] aptitude why libsystemd-login0
> i   xfce4    Depends xfconf (>= 4.8.0)
> i A xfconf   Depends dbus-x11
> i A dbus-x11 Depends dbus
> i A dbus     Depends libsystemd-login0 (>= 31)
> [~]
>

> They must fix dbus to be able to work without systemd first.  So I guess
> we need to make a bug report against dbus because it must not depend on
> systemd for Debian to be able to support alternative init systems so
> that users aren't forced into systemd.

Dbus depends on libsystemd-login0, not on systemd.  It forces you to use
systemd as much as its dependency on libselinux1 forces you to turn on
selinux, i.e. not at all.

> The concept of free software has become a myth :(

There is always Gentoo if libraries you consider useless bother you.
Binary distributions tend to enable all possibly useful features.

Cheers,
       Sven