Re: backup drive has died.

On 09/05/2014 07:32 PM, lee wrote:
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

Is there any way in which I can access the contents of the drive please?

Try to mount it with appropriate options?

Either you can mount it and use it without errors, especially sector
errors, or you can't.  When you get sector errors or when the drive
becomes unresponsive in some way, or when it makes grinding or clunking
noises, replace the drive.

I revived a drive by purchasing a replacement drive PCB board for it. It was cheap enough, and the data on it valuable enough, to spring $30 for it in hopes that it would work. It did and I got the data off toot sweet. Check places on the net like this one: http://www.hddzone.com/

Linux user# 44256