Re: Installing Debian testing - hangs with "Running post-installation trigger libc-bin" at 12%

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014, Daniel wrote:

> Debian testing stalls when installing in a vbox virtual machine.
>
> I selected LXDE as the alternative desktop and started the regular
> (not GUI) installer.
> Partitioned the drive with:
> [1GB /boot, 1GB swap, ~80GB at /]
> I have repeated this with mirrors:
> mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/debian
> http.debian.org (from the available options)
>
> The installer stops at 12% with "Running post-installation trigger
> libc-bin" and just stays there not doing anything.
>

> The installation .iso is:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
> last modified: 2014-09-01 08:06  217M
> with md5sum: f8c11a80be364c3f3b3ac79a79ae31eb
> *./debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
>
> I can't find anything similar at
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?dist=unstable;package=debian-installer

Unless you have a specific reason for using the weekly build, go with
what Debian recommends to install Jessie, the Beta 1 installer:

   https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

I used the i386 netinst version and installed it in Virtualbox 4.2.26,
Wheezy 64-bit host, and had no problems at all.  Runs fine.