Re: in-kernel messaging (was Re: brasero requires gvfs)

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 08:03:29PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>> Where? indeed.
>> What problem are we trying to solve with dbus and kdbus?
>
> I think Bzzz interpreted your assurance that dbus and kdbus were bad fits for
> 'the problem' as implying you were aware of what was a better fit.

Who said I wasn't?

Mind you, that he had already pushed the topic of discussion a bit
beyond the domain of things which can be installed with apt-get, or
even with a download and compile (layers of user space and levels of
privilege, per the i386 memory management or similar models).

> He's clearly
> quite new to this list!

No, not that new.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.