Re: embrace, extend, extinguish

On 9/3/14, Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
> On 02/09/14 16:14, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>> Lisi Reisz wrote:
>>> This endless verbosity will not make one iota of difference.
>>> Lobby those who
>>> might be able to do something if you feel like it, e.g. the
>>> developers.  But
>>> it really doesn't count as support for users of Debian.

>> On the other hand, endless commenting about "[I'm not
>> interested in this' | 'I don't agree'] so shut up" is not
>> productive in any way, shape, manner, or form.  Subject
>> lines, delete keys, and kill files are very useful tools.
>
> Then again, endless spreading of FUD on a list that is
> powerless to do anything about the situation, could, and
> should, be regarded as trolling.

Ahh, trolling, that wonderful source of endless comedic
opportunities.

Sarcasm, cynicism, opportunities to plug my endless
disgruntlement with Debian's COC, chances of honing my
troll baiting skills...

Who could ask for more?

It's as much fun as you can have legally on a mailing list :)

(At least until that COC gets swung in your face :)

> We have seen countless threads on the supposed evilness
> of systemd, all originated by a few individuals, who seem
> to be determined to keep the flame burning.

That smiling flame of comedy :)

> None of these will have made any impact either way. So,
> as Lisi correctly suggests, lobby the devs, or even the
> Debian TC, who took the decision to support systemd on
> democratic, and non-emotional grounds.
>
> I don't know whether that decision was, or was not, the
> right one, but I'm certainly not going to be belly-aching
> after the event.

Shame - could result in some humorous retorts to belly
aching rants... shame.