Re: preseed

W dniu 02/09/2014 10:49, Diogene Laerce napisał(a):
On 09/02/2014 10:19 AM, Javier Barroso wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Diogene Laerce <me_buss777@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hi,

I try to achieve this tutorial for preseed :

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso

And I can't get pass through this step :

gzip -d < ../cd/install/2.6/initrd.gz | \
cpio --extract --verbose --make-directories --no-absolute-filenames

As I systematically get this error back :

cpio: premature end of archive

Did anybody get through and could explain how ? Google this time
didn't get me anywhere.
Which Debian Version are you trying to modify ? The last Debian
Release with kernel 2.6 is Squeeze, so maybe that url is not working
for Wheezy and later

The linked url is for older releases, maybe wiki should be changed to
clarify to which Debian version it is applicable.

At Debian Jessie the initrd.gz is located at ./install.amd/initrd.gz
for  a amd64 iso image.

Thanks for your interest, as for Milosz.

But I do use the right located file but the cpio command cannot end
properly.

You can also try to execute command
gzip -d < ../cd/install/2.6/initrd.gz | file -
to verify file type, its existence and read permissions.

Milosz