Re: preseed

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Diogene Laerce <me_buss777@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to achieve this tutorial for preseed :
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso
>
> And I can't get pass through this step :
>
> gzip -d < ../cd/install/2.6/initrd.gz | \
> cpio --extract --verbose --make-directories --no-absolute-filenames
>
> As I systematically get this error back :
>
> cpio: premature end of archive
>
> Did anybody get through and could explain how ? Google this time
> didn't get me anywhere.
Which Debian Version are you trying to modify ? The last Debian
Release with kernel 2.6 is Squeeze, so maybe that url is not working
for Wheezy and later

The linked url is for older releases, maybe wiki should be changed to
clarify to which Debian version it is applicable.

At Debian Jessie the initrd.gz is located at ./install.amd/initrd.gz
for  a amd64 iso image.

I hope that help

Regards,