Re: embrace, extend, extinguish

Dan Ritter <dsr <at> randomstring.org> writes:

> Reading:
> http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html
>
> systemd's upstream is explicitly interested in taking over all
> Linux distros, not in the minor sense of being supported on
> every system but in the major sense of making package management
> conform to their own views.

There's one sentence in the cited article I really like:
"I originally intended to discuss this at the Linux Plumbers Conference
(which I assumed was the right forum for this kind of major plumbing level
improvement), and at linux.conf.au, but there was no interest in my session
submissions there..."

Maybe there's still hope...