Re: embrace, extend, extinguish

On Mon 01 Sep 2014 at 18:17:29 -0400, Haines Brown wrote:

> I hestitate to enter this thread, given its nasty tone, so please don't
> attack me if I pose some non-partisan questions.

This is not an attack. :)

Non-partisan questions are much better off being asked in a standalone
post separate from what are obviously invitations to partisan activity.
That way people might view their responses as serving a useful purpose
for the poster and the list and not being submerged in an advocacy
quagmire.

[Questions which might be resubmitted snipped]