[OT] - Re: embrace, extend, extinguish

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:26:09 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html

An article written by… one of the systemd devs………

We happen to learn that it'll also be _dependent_ on BTRFS
and (may be?, when?) support EXT4 & XFS (bad luck, for its
features, capacities and stability, I prefer to use ZFS;
unsupported?).

It also carefully avoids the embedded machines questions.

It finishes with: "The future is going to be awesome!", for
its devs, this is an absolutely sure thing ; from what it
describes, I'm seeing it more like: "The future is going to
be cumbersome" (but this is only my own impression & opinion).

This confirms the prima vista tentacular image.

We'll see if that can resist to power users, especially those
that administers thousands of servers…

As P. Venezia stated (more or less:): a good idea but a bad realization.