Re: hp server hardware monitoring

Hello,

[ no need to CC me ]

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 07:50:28PM +0000, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> [...]
> > root@vz02:~# cciss_vol_status /dev/sda
> > /dev/sda: (Smart Array P420i) RAID 5 Volume 0 status: OK.
>
> But I get...
> linein:~# cciss_vol_status /dev/sda
> cciss_vol_status: /dev/sda: Unknown SCSI device.

My apologies, I forgot that you need a newer version of cciss_vol_status
than present in Squeeze/Wheezy. For that I had imported 1.10-1 into our
local repository, which works just fine without any adjustments /
backporting.

However, apart from that, Claudio provides good advice. If your iLO
works reliably, that is. I had several systems where every once in a
while it simply didn't react anymore / worked too slowly and had to be
reset. And last I checked there wasn't even a viable patch to remedy
that, but that might have changed in the meantime. Of course you need a
new enough iLO to monitor disks, so at least in my environment I cannot
fully rely on this (yet).

Cheers,
Flo