Re: 'strictatime' vs. 'relatime' for /tmp

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:12:09 +0300
Elvire POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> When mounting a tmpfs on /tmp systemd sets 'strictatime'. I was
> wondering whether this is really needed.

From what I found on the web, it seems to be related to busybox
that apparently needs it.
I've found a post about adding the BB strictatime patch:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2013-March/076243.html

(as you can see here: http://zurlinux.com/?p=1940, there are
other people that think systemd is not really a good idea; watch
the header;).

> Does anybody know of
> software that would break with 'relatime' (the default) or even
> 'noatime'?

Not at all, except apparently for BB.

What is quite odd is systemd conf files are distributed anywhere
but into /etc…

--
ptinou: the only thing that surprised me with vi$ta
        was when it told me it was going to deactivate my