Re: sound problem debian wheezy

Ric,

BAD MIC!  ;o(

i was mislead into thinking it was good. i was using the mic with
windows skype and skype was picking up my voice so i assumed the mic
was working.  wrong!  skype was picking up my voice from the
computer's internal mic.

i had reinstalled pulse after my previous response to yr email and
indeed, as the debian pulse page says, it 'just worked.' the mic
however was a different matter.

thanks again for your help.

Tom

"Everybody is a genius, but if you try to teach a monkey to swim like
a fish, all you get is a pissed off monkey." Albert Einstein,
paraphrastically.