Re: /var partition seems locked or read only

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:23:14 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> _ a lot of them are biased (at least in programming world):

Not too much for FS (but it exist), you also must know how
to read results.
And you must read _some_ papers to make an average (not very
different from programming: I've discovered that ~70% of time
is dedicated to read docs).

Some tests are also 'biased' but you're warned (eg: I'm testing
to find the best FS for handling billions of small pictures).

> I can remember having tried to read lot of bench about>
> filesystems... I did not learned a lot, except that I was not
> skilled enough to understand the raw data and often the conclusion
> seemed biased to me, but this impression was maybe due to lacks of
> skills, too.

Most of benchmarks are made with bonnie++ that have a good
doc.

--
<You> Hi
<Stranger> Hi