Re: /var partition seems locked or read only

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:54:39 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> One of my defects is that I always try to tweak things... (with
> time I've learned to not do that when the target is very
> important) but at least it allows me to learn. By failures :)

You could also switch to a FS that doesn't have this kind
of limit and is faster with many files, XFS is a real good
candidate… (NOTE: if you do so, you must have _some_ free
RAM: xfs_repair needs 2GB but can be tweaked to use only 1;
and a UPS to avoid zeroing files on power failure).

--
<Kiju> Give me ONLY ONE good reason to get out home!
<ghul> There are cheap hentaïs at wallmart