Re: exact name of headers for 3.14-1-486

On 24/07/14 22:36, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Klaus <klaus.doering999@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> $ apt-cache show linux-headers-3.14-1-486
>>
> Thanks, but as my earlier post shows ... I do have that installed

That misses the point ;-) Besides, you explicitly asked which of your
installed pkgs is the correct one...

For future trouble shooting it will help you to know how to find
information for yourself. Did you for instance now go back and check
what the other automatically installed "linux-header" pkgs are for (i.e.
those that were pulled in by you installing
linux-headers-3.14-1-all-i386) ? This time it probably didn't do much
harm, but the more you clutter up your system with unwanted stuff the
harder it might become to support it in the future.

--
Klaus