[SOLVED] Re: missing LSB tags and overrides

On 24/07/14 16:34, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 03:07:37PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
>> On Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 14:40:14 +0100, Brian wrote:
>>
> All this, of course, assumes the OP doesn't want to use the previously
> mentioned suggestion of "aptitude purge '~c'". And that's fair enough;
> aptitude is not to everyone's taste.

As the OP, I don't recall seeing any previous suggestion of aptitude
purge ~c. But, no matter, I'm quite happy using aptitude, I just don't
know much about it. But then I feel somewhat ill-informed about any of
the packaging commands, and tend to stick with synaptic, which is no
good on a headless server. I guess there must be beginner-level
documentation about for the packaging system, but I've not seen it. The
plethora of commands doesn't help.

So, I applied that incantation (after trying it with the -s option first
:), and it went through its paces overnight. Unlikely to be
coincidental, mysql server ceased to be responsive, but a service
restart fixed that.

So, Darac, Thank you again for your most insightful help; I'm not sure I
would have got there without it. And I learned a tiny bit more about the
packaging commands ;)

Cheers!

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org