Re: [SOLVED] Re: inserting kernel modules on startup

On 24/07/14 03:05 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2014-07-24 20:42 +0200, Gary Dale wrote:

I think you missed the point. The blacklist was in fglrx.conf where it
makes sense to not load the radeon module if I'm loading the fglrx
proprietary one. Again, this was necessary back when I was playing
around with the fglrx driver. I would have expected the system to only
parse the .conf files of modules it was loading.
Files under /etc/modprobe.d do not necessarily "belong" to any modules,
so this is not possible.  Any file there whose name ends in ".conf" will
be parsed.

Cheers,
        Sven
Sorry but that doesn't make much sense to me. The files I have in /etc/modprobe.d all look like they belong to kernel modules. Moreover, the directory is related to modules.