Logwatch output in the "Kernel" section

I have two problems that have been bothering me for some time, the first
for about several days, and the second for a week or two.

 - This has begun appearing in my daily Logwatch output, and now using
   these file managers is virtually impossible as they are so
   untrustworthy. But what can I do about them, they only just crash out
   stating that there is a seg fault? Sometimes it crashes after several
   minutes, and sometimes after several hours, nothing seems to be a
   trigger, it just crashes. Even "thunar" crashes too!
 WARNING:  Segmentation Faults in these executables
    caja :  4 Time(s)
    gmain :  1 Time(s)
    nautilus :  1 Time(s)
    nemo :  2 Time(s)

 - The second one shows every day. sde1 is an external usb drive
   formatted ext4 which is rather important as it is my backup
   drive. How should I resolve it please?
 WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
    EXT4-fs (sde1): error count: 1 ...:  1 Time(s)
    EXT4-fs (sde1): initial error at 1397381477: _ ...:  1 Time(s)
    EXT4-fs (sde1): last error at 1397381477: _ ...:  1 Time(s)

Both of these errors show up in Logwatch output in the "Kernel" section.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1