Re: /var partition seems locked or read only

On Qui, 24 Jul 2014, berenger.morel wrote:
So, I wonder if there is a way to fix this inode's size repartition? In a more general way, if people have some advices about that kind of issues (choosing the right cluster and partitions size, the right partition format, etc depending on the planned usage)? I know, those questions (and the error I supposed I made) may seem trivial for real administrators, but... I'm a simple programmer, not an admin.

It's not possible to change the number of inodes after the filesystem has been created. You'll have to backup and create a new filesystem.

As far as I remember, I've always accepted the defaults for number of inodes, and I've never got even close to exhausting inodes.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br