Re: tweak Aptitude to not suggest removals as first option (was ... Re: Pin package to "any version, don't remove"?)

On 07/20/2014 11:53 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 08:39:16AM -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

Note: I'd probably have the same problem with nvidia-driver, but my
aptitude is not suggesting removals as first option anymore due to:

// tweak Aptitude to not suggest removals as first option
Aptitude::ProblemResolver::SolutionCost "removals";

Whether it helps the OP or not, it will certainly help me!  Aptitude
wanting to delete packages as its first option annoys me a lot...

And maybe help a few others ...

My apt-get upgrade wants to remove my nVidia drivers as well. Somehow, they succeeded with new depends to xorg that don't seem to exist. What is worse, I'm running in my Ubuntu partition to have a working desktop. That cuts a fella. :( Ric

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png