Re: Lost high res desktop settings on vbox upgrade to 4.3.14

Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> writes:

> On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:38:02 -0400
> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I upgraded vbox from 4.3.10 to 4.3 14.  Now the best screen res I
>> can get in 1024 x 768.   When it was something like 1500 x ????.
>> Not sure of exact setting but desktop was much larger when I
>> logged in before this upgrade.
>
> May be you should use xrandr to find and add the wanted resolution.

Maybe.  But nothing like that has ever been necessary before and that
is thru several vb upgrades over a few months.  Once Guest additions
are installed... the higher res has been available.

What was your take about the kernel headers?  Did it look like the
right mods got built... I couldn't tell from the cryptic output.