Skipping releases on dist-upgrades [was: Re: Is this safe?? Chrome in Debian 6]

On Sb, 19 iul 14, 18:34:28, Tom H wrote:

> This was discussed on debian-devel@. I'm sure that if you asked those
> who want this supported they'd tell you that this isn't what was
> decided and if you asked those who didn't want this supported they'd
> tell you that this is what was decided (unless I'm mis-remembering the
> thread).

http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#system-status

    Direct upgrades from Debian releases older than 6.0 (squeeze) are
    not supported. Please follow the instructions in the Release Notes
    for Debian 6.0 to upgrade to 6.0 first.

Kind regards,
Andrei