Re: XP style themes for various DE's in Debian repositories?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 09:47:33 -0500
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> On a regional Linux list I saw a reference to
> http://m.softpedia.com/turn-lubuntu-in-windows-xp-with-a-theme-and-no-one-will-notice-436255.html
>
> I'm now a Debian user but was a long time XP user. I'd prefer to
> only use Debian repositories. Does such as above exist? How would
> I search?
>
> TIA

IIRC the IceWM DE/WM had a theme called "BluePlastic" which looked one
heck of a lot like XP. I used IceWM for about 4 years and recommend it
highly, although from what I understand it's not all that well
maintained, and its config programs, if you can install them at all,
are lacking. So to really get IceWM to do your bidding (and it can),
you're going to need to edit a few twitchy XML like files.

SteveT