Re: gedit ugly under xfce

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:39:41 +0000 (UTC)
"Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.silva@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:26:38 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:43:00 +0000 (UTC)
> > "Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.silva@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> BTW, about "bupsky" script you shared with me... It's very nice
> >> while working with files in console, like using vim, or nano, or
> >> anything like this. I do most of my file editing work in GUI
> >> editors. So, in this case it's not very helpfull. Right? Or I'm
> >> missing something?
> >
> > Just keep a terminal, cd'd to the directory of your project, on a
> > workspace (usually numbered 1 to 8). Every time you hit a milestone,
> > deliverable, or every hour, just go to that workspace, type the word
> > bupsky, and you're done. Elapsed time, 20 seconds. Time saved if
> > something goes wrong: hours.
> >
> > By the way, most of my editing is done in gvim, so I'm the same as
> > you.
>
> Yesterday I installed gvim too. It was quite a logical choice, I
> guess.
>
> 20 secs vs. hours definitely win. :-) Thanks again.

:-) Yeah, but with gvim as well as whatever editor you were using
before, you still need to use bupsky or something like it, every time
you hit a milestone or once per hour, whichever is less.

Personally, I love gvim. If you're a touch typist and you feel the need
for speed, Vim and gvim are where it's at.

SteveT