NetworkManager/OpenConnect broken on jessie?

Yesterday evening I used NetworkManager and OpenConnect to connect to
my employer's VPN.  (I use Xfce if that's relevant.)

I then installed several updates, including dbus and a couple libnm
packages, and I then shut down the system for the night.

This morning NetworkManager didn't list that VPN.  When I tried to
recreate the configuration, I got a pop-up saying

    Connection add failed

    Connection not visible or not available: Method "GetAll" with
    signature "s" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"
    doesn't exist

Any suggestions for what I should do next?  (I can use a Wheezy system
for VPN, so I'm mostly interested in information to collect for a bug
report, and what package to file the bug against.)

thanks,
mike