Re: Debian on Intel NUC?

Curt wrote:
> I found the following arstechnica review:
> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/02/linux-on-the-nuc-using-ubuntu-mint-fedora-and-the-steamos-beta/

An interesting article.  They also review one with the Intel HD 5000
graphics and did not have any problems.  That is good.  Interestingly
they did have some EFI boot issues.  They were able to work around
them.  Perhaps later BIOS updates will already have that resolved.
Thanks for the reference.

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> At my office, a similar machine was bought (D54250WYKH).  We just
> did a quick test with a Ubuntu live USB: no problems booting, nor
> displaying the desktop.  The wifi and the bluetooth card worked
> well.
>
> We only tried the HDMI port with the monitor.

Cool!  That makes me much more comfortable.

Matthias Fraidl wrote:
> we are using an Intel NUC Kit D34010WYK at the office
> monitoring station.

Good deal.

> We are running Debian Jessie, because we were unable to get the
> ethernet card working in Wheezy (you can find a thread for a similar
> problem here: ...

That is also good information.  Depending upon the specific NIC it may
need a newer kernel with the right drivers.  If Jessie works then
probably a backport kernel would be fine too.  I am forewarned.

> > As a side question does anyone know if it is possible to use both
> > the display port and the hdmi for a dual monitor configuration?
> > Or a monitor plus projector configuration?
>
> Yes, we are a running an multi-monitor setup, it works properly!

Excellent!  I will definitely be trying that out.

Thanks all of you for the wonderful information!

Bob