Re: gedit ugly under xfce

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:29:56 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> Turns out it didn't eat it, it just made characters invisible. Here's
> the start of the thread:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-users/2014-July/007303.html

I confirm this. Here's my post about it on that thread:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-users/2014-July/007320.html

Though I spent quit a bit of time to figure it out. Well, plus a bit of
frustration thinking the file was lost. But... At the end there was a
"Happy End." :-)

Nevertheless, I did not neither Mousepad nor Leafpad and with some help
found a very good substitution for both - Pluma a default MATE text
editor, a fork from venerable GNOME2 gedit. Looks excellent in XFCE.

Another one I installed and I like it is Geany. But this one is for more
serious work.