Re: gedit ugly under xfce

 Hi.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 07:46:07PM +0200, Bzzzz wrote:
> When I launch gedit, it just have ugly upper and lower
> gray bars (with controls & information), but no XFCE
> decoration, especially the close/minimize buttons (and
> no upper bar from the theme).
>
> grdestop has XFCE decoration.
>
> Is it normal or do I miss some pkg(s)|setup?

This is … an expected behaviour from any GTK+3 application launched
outside of GNOME. Googling 'GTK3 client-side decorations' will provide
you with all the gory details.

Upstream sees this misfeature as a best thing since buttered bread was
invented [1].
Users thoughts on the matter, are … well, let's sum it up as 'needs some
work' - [2].

Reco

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/01/13/client-side-decorations-continued/

[2] http://redmine.audacious-media-player.org/boards/1/topics/1135