Re: Debian on Intel NUC?

On 07/15/2014 02:15 AM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> I have been asked if there are any issues running Debian Stable on one
> of the newer Intel NUC hardware.  Something like this.
>
>   Intel NUC i5 Intel HD Graphics 5000
>   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856102054

Hi Bob,

we are using an Intel NUC Kit D34010WYK at the office
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856102053) as
monitoring station.

> Does anyone have something like this running Debian?  Any problems?
>
> * Graphics?  This has the Intel HD Graphics 5000.
> * UEFI?
> * USB 3.0 ports?

We are running Debian Jessie, because we were unable to get the ethernet
card working in Wheezy (you can find a thread for a similar problem
here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=106169&sid=1b4381ea1cd1581910e7b8003458bdb1).

> As a side question does anyone know if it is possible to use both the
> display port and the hdmi for a dual monitor configuration?  Or a
> monitor plus projector configuration?

Yes, we are a running an multi-monitor setup, it works properly!

> Thanks,
> Bob

regards,
matthias

--
PGP KeyID: 0xF7BEDB94
Fingerprint: 15B1 56D8 8F67 FAAF 3FA2 76DA E072 A32C F7BE DB94