Re: System Temperature sensing

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> The output for:
>     k10temp-pci-00c3
>     Adapter: PCI adapter
>         temp1:         +9.4°C  (high = +70.0°C)
>                            (crit = +90.0°C, hyst = +87.0°C)
> however, seems troubling.  The house thermostat says 75F, which would be
> approximately 23.9C.  I don't think that it is cooler inside my running
> computer than it is in the house surrounding it. Can this be ignored, or is
> this indicating a malfunctioning sensor? If it is malfunctioning, can anyone
> tell me what sensor it is, and on what board, so I know what to replace?

This is on the CPU itself, and if the documentation in

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/hwmon/k10temp

is to be believed, it's not actually a physical temperature.

Everything else looked OK to me, but if the machine isn't actually under
load, it's hard do say anything useful.

Let the victors, when they come,
When the forts of folly fall
Find thy body by the wall!