Re: Skype - no microphone input sound...REVISITED

On 14/07/2014, Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> wrote:

<snip>

> https://wiki.debian.org/skype   may help.  Skype 4.2.0.13 works for me
> on 64 bit debian wheezy using alsa and libpulse as described in the wiki.

Thank you for that URL.

I was not previously aware of the web page existence.

Neither was I aware of Debian packages being available for Skype,
after the ones for Skype v2.2 (Beta), which is what I have on Debian
6.

I have also Linphone and Ekiga installed on Debian 6, but Skype 2.2,
is the only videocalling software that I could get working.

And, with my Skype 2.2, I, on my Debian 6 installation, have been able
to successfully communicate with other people running Skype on both MS
Windows and Linux.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale