Re: UEFI

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 11:23:11AM +0200, Slavko wrote:
> By this, i see, that the secure boot is good for corporate environment,
> don't affect average home users. For others there is more simple to
> disable it, than always sign any experiment ;)

In practice, I'm sure most non-corporate users will disable it, yes. It
is simply more convenient to do so. However, there are benefits to
enabling it, even for home users. Malware that infects the earliest
phases of the boot process by modifiying boot blocks (grub's phase1,
etc), etc, exists and is very hard to detect. "Know what you're booting"
is basically the goal of UEFI secure boot, and all users can benefit
from that.

noah