xfwm troubles and systemd questions

1. My xfwm4 seems to remember what workspaces I have windows
on for the next time I open them. The problem is, I don't want
it to do this because it will do things like open a window
on another workspace minimized so I can't even see where it
is without flipping through every workspace. I want all new
windows to simply appear on the current workspace.

2. Is there a way to tell systemd (or whatever controls
backlight) which backlight to use with brightness up/down keys?
I have /sys/class/acpi_video0 and intel_backlight, and I'd rather
it use the intel_backlight since it lets the backlight go down to
0 and has better resolution.

3. Is there a way to tell systemd or whatever else is managing
my screen to do absolutely nothing when the laptop lid is closed,
not even turning off the backlight? The hardware already does
this so I have no need for any software to try to manage the backlight.