Re: UEFI

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2014, 20:23:48 schrieb Bzzzz:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:04:48 +0200
>
> Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> > Just disable UEFI, then install debian as needed. Debian is
>
> Too late!
>
> Regular BIOS will do. This laptop is for work only, so I only
> have a swap, a main system and an SOS sytem.

So you cannot change BIOS and disable UEFI? Or is it protected by password?

If so, use another computer, install everything needed. Then boot the target
computer with a UEFI supported linux live-rescue-system (i.e. GRML), and then
rsync the files to the partition.

At last reinstall the bootloader using another live-file-system, I suggest
Rescatux or Super-Grub-Disk-2.

Hope this helps.

Happy hacking!

Hans