Netbooting jessie installer gives kernel mismatch

Hello debian people

I am trying to install jessie into a vm, using a netboot. The installer complains about not being able to find modules for the running kernel. I downloaded the vmlinuz and initrd from the following directory from the mirror I am trying to install from:

debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/i386/

The timestamps are from 16th March (so quite old I guess) and the kernel version is 3.13-1-486 (3.13.5.1)

I cannot see any packages for the 3.13-1 kernel in the repo; is there anyone running jessie that can tell me

1. What kernel version it runs
2. Where I can locate a better kernel / initrd combination for network booting

Any more info I can provide please ask

Cheers

Iain