Re: UEFI

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2014, 14:56:55 schrieb Curt:
> On 2014-07-09, Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz> wrote:
> >> I bought a new laptop and the debian does not install on it because the
> >> uefi. Does anyone here known how to install the Debian using a UEFI
> >> instalation like Ubuntu does?
> >
> > You have to enable (U)EFI on your computer and Debian 7.x/8 should
> > install just fine.
>
> Enable or disable?  I'm confused; it seems the latter is required, not
> the former, as per the link provided by another poster:
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/175641/how-to-boot-and-install-linux-on-a-uefi-pc-w
> ith-secure-boot/

Just disable UEFI, then install debian as needed. Debian is shipping a grub-
uefi-loader in the repo, so after it's installation, you can install this
bootloader and when it is correctly installed, you should be able to activate
UEFI in BIOS again.

For the first try, just make a small installation, so you do not need to
install all the stuff again and again, when something does not work as wanted.

Good luck!

Hans