Re: New 64bit install. More problems.

On 2014-07-06 20:54 +0200, d_baron@012.net.il wrote:

> 2. No user can access KDE any more. Upgraded something that showed no
> error (used reportbug-ng to check since apt-llistbugs is broken) and
> now, no kdm login can access the dbus. Screen just blinks and returns
> to login. kdm.log cites the dbus problem in "K*time*zones", kgreet,
> whatever. Newer kdm did not help. I will check the bug listings for
> them, however. Meanwhile, KDE unusable but command line is fine.

This could be bug #746589[1].  Which display manager do you use, if any?

> 3. System no longer halts ... says it halted but I need to manually
> cause the power to cut off. Maybe related. Packages I suspected were
> removed but not at fault.

Don't shutdown with the halt(8) command, it is not supposed to power off
the machine, and the systemd maintainers consider it a bug[2] that the
sysvinit implementation does it anyway.  Use the poweroff command
instead.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746589