Re: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xfce"

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Tue 10 Jun 2014 at 21:34:49 -0700, Rusi Mody wrote:

> Running the dialog for the printer -- captstatusui --
> gives me the message

Proprietiary software.

> Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xfce",

Any use?

   https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=gtk2-engines-xfce

Interesting lead.

Trying it I get:

# aptitude install gtk2-engines-xfce:i386
  gtk2-engines-xfce:i386{b}
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 61.3 kB of archives. After unpacking 400 kB will be used.
 gtk2-engines-xfce : Conflicts: gtk2-engines-xfce:i386 but 3.0.1-2 is to be installed.
 gtk2-engines-xfce:i386 : Conflicts: gtk2-engines-xfce but 3.0.1-2 is installed.

     Remove the following packages:
1)     gtk2-engines-xfce
2)     xfce4

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

[Same results suggested by apt-get]

I had some analogous errors earlier as well.
Can one say that if a package foo conflicts with itself in different architecture
version, then its worth a bug-report?

[Yeah I do see that multiarch appiles to libraries only, not standalone apps...]