Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?

On Tue 03 Jun 2014 at 15:45:16 -0700, Horatio Leragon wrote:

>  From: Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
>
> > I wish the Debian Reference told us things like this and was available on
> > t'internet. :)
>
> I'm puzzled by your weird behavior, Brian. The above statement of yours
> contradicts what you advised me earlier in 2 replies of 1 June and 1 reply of
> 2 June 2014. In the latter your advice for me was to look up the "man
> interfaces" and Debian Reference Manual.

Life is full of apparent contradictions

> Now in the latest reply, you admitted that the Debian Reference is deficient:
> "I wish the Debian Reference told us things like this and was available on
> t'internet. :)"

You would have to read chapter 5 of the Reference. Concentrate on the
dhcp part. It'd basically two lines in /etc/network/interfaces. We are
looking forward to the outcome when you visit your friend,