Re: Should hostname always be lower case?

> May I ask whether the 'case' of the hostname is important, in the sense
> that use of any upper-case characters may disrupt name resolvers?
>
> We have a server running wheezy, and we named it D7Server (not
> d7server).  Could this matter to any resolver attempting to look up
> D7Server?  (It might matter, for example, if standards allow resolvers,
> generally, to assume that names to be resolved will be lower case.)
>
> regards, Ron

If you consider DNS resolving only then you can use any case and upper
and lowercase will be the same.

But if you name your host with upper-case characters, you will face some
trouble on your local host. So you better not do it.

--
--- Friczy ---
'Death is not a bug, it's a feature'