Re: Sony Xperia Z1 USB

Edvin Hultberg:

> I recently tried connecting my Sony Xperia Z1 to my computer by
> USB3/USB2. And it didn't quite work as expected. I recently ditched
> windows in favour of debian 7 with KDE. Is there some sort of debuging
> to see if debian detects the phone or anyone having experienced the
> same problem?

What exactly do you want to do after connecting the phone to your
computer? Access files on the phone from your computer? USB mass storage
is a little out of fashion, unfortunately. You need some sort of MTP
(Media Transfer Protocol) in your file manager. Gnome supports MTP using
GVFS. KDE apparently needs kio-mtp:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MTP#KDE_MTP_KIO_Slave
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=kio%20mtp&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Looks like it is only available in testing. People who use KDE might
know a better answer than using nautilus (or thunar).

J.
--
I use a Playstation to block out the existence of my partner.
[Agree]   [Disagree]