Re: Sony Xperia Z1 USB

On 13/05/14 01:28, Edvin Hultberg wrote:
> Hello there! First time interacting with this mailing list.
>
> I recently tried connecting my Sony Xperia Z1 to my computer by
> USB3/USB2. And it didn't quite work as expected. I recently ditched
> windows in favour of debian 7 with KDE. Is there some sort of debuging
> to see if debian detects the phone or anyone having experienced the
> same problem?

As others have pointed out, dmesg (though udevadm is very good too)

> More tech details: debian 7 "wheezy", linux 3.2.0-4-amd64, KDE SC
> Version 4.8.3.
>
> Mvh
> Edvin Hultberg

I've had that model connect fine to a Wheezy with backports KDE.
dpkg --get-selections | grep mtp
kio-mtp                                         install
libmtp-common                                   install
libmtp-runtime                                  install
libmtp9:i386                                    install
mtp-tools                                       install

I might have to dig through my notes as I have a vague feeling kio-mtp
wasn't straight-forward. I also upgraded my udev rules for android - not
sure if it's necessary for that model.

Kind regards