Re: Debian 7.x and desktop environments [somewhat off topic]

On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 17:56 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I don't want to decide what "sane" default software for JWM usage could
> be. Some people want to get something close to a bloated DE, other's
> want to be closer to a tiling window manager when using JWM.

PPS: I want to get something in the middle. A very vague statement,
isn't it?

I don't care what's installed on my HDDs. I've much Gigs of software
installed. I care about what software SysVinit, systemd or upstart
starts during boot and what is started by default for the user's X
session. The less, the better, however, for special needs I still can
launch additional services and apps or even unbind USB ports.