Re: icedove strange language behaviour

On Sat, 03 May 2014 13:49:27 +0200
François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

> Le 03/05/2014 12:52, filip a écrit :
> > On Sat, 03 May 2014 11:29:43 +0200
> > François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
> >

> I went to "Language" in the extension menu and I could see Français
> Language pack is disabled version 3.1.1195 in incompatible with
> icedove 24.
>

> icedove-l10n-fr is installed and seems to provide a wrong version of
> the French language pack....
>
> or icedove read this language pack from elsewhere (but where?) and
> this override the   icedove-l10n-fr....
>
> I don't know! How can I find this?

What does 'apt-cache policy icedove-l10n-fr' say ?
The correct version is provided by the security update repository
(1:24.3.0-1~deb7u1)

If that is ok, there is probably an old version left over in the user
profile that is masking the system-wide package.

Try starting with a blank profile:

quit icedove if it is still running

$ mv .icedove icedove.saved
$ icedove

It will then start with the defaults. If you get the user interface in
French, the extension will need to be purged from the profile.
(check here:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_add-ons)

To restore the user profile, exit icedove, and put back the original
directory.

$ rm -r .icedove
$ cp -rp icedove.saved .icedove