Re: Upgrade debacle........

On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 10:00 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2014 21:45:01 Paul E Condon wrote:
> > But, so far, Jessie is functioning no worse than Wheezy
> > for me. Except that I have no sound where I did definitely have sound
> > with Wheezy. Oh well...
>
> I had that happen from Squeeze to Wheezy.  The "problem" was in the mixer
> settings.

IOW some alsa settings were reset, it wasn't a pulseaudio issue IIRC?
That by the way is too funny, for Linux pro-audio you likely experience
uncountable many issues, but pro-audio cards are used every day by
adjusting mixer settings, no pro-audio user will run into issues for
desktop sound, because some alsa mixer settings were reset. For RME
cards, the default startup alsamixer settings anyway are irrelevant.

The bloated-DE-fans should fix this, or simply drop that trash and
recommend the Linux pro-audio-style, for averaged desktop sound too.
Pro-audio isn't rocket science, but seemingly averaged desktop audio is
harder than rocket science.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Regards,
Not by Ralf, by somebody how hacked Ralf's account