Re: Upgrade debacle........

On Thu, 1 May 2014 22:07:57 +1200 Chris Bannister sent:

<snip>

> Did you read my bug report?
>
> Was it the same package that caused the messages?

<snip>

Chris, because I'm not certain that it was the same package, as the
command I was told to run by apt-get was:

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

and the one that you posted on the bug report was in a directory that
doesn't exist on my system, but a similar file:

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

If the command was the package:

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders

Then yes, it was the same package and the response was the same for me
as for you.

Before I did as Ralf suggested and installed:

# apt-get install libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev

and then ran the command:

# gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache

The "loaders.cache" file as shown above was completely empty. Had
nothing in it at all, but existed.

Since the latter command <gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache> was
run. That file has a heap of stuff in it.

If it helps I can post the contents of the file here or to you directly.

I'm not certain the above information was of any help, but I hope it is.

I really had no idea what pixbuf is and like you never had cause to
examine it.

Stay well,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Things of the past are already gone And things to be, Distant
	beyond imagining. The Tao is just this moment, These words:
	Plum blossoms fallen, Gardenia just opening. ...........Ch'ing
	Kung ( d. 1352)