Re: upgrade hanging

Thanks, that helped.  Because the original upgrade was taking quite a while, I had switched desktops, to work in Emacs, which was running full screen.  During the configuration of nvidia, a conflict occurred.  The message box, alas, could not appear in front of Emacs because I had it configured to stay in front.  So the upgrade hadn't really hung, rather it was waiting for me to close the message box, which I never saw.  Eventually figured out what was going on, then used dpkg --configure -a to finish configuring the nvidia.  Still got the warning, but the message indicated it would be resolved with a restart, which it was.