Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 23:33 -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > > Thanks for the kind and considerate offer, but last night I was
> > > successful in setting up a new gmail account (without Google+) for
> > > my mail lists subscriptions.  I'll post here how I did it as soon as
> > > everything is tested and configured.
> >
> > I seem to have some Google thingy, just because I joined some mailing
> > list, but without having a gmail account.
>
> I don't understand.  Could you be a little more specific?  Are you
> saying that you've been signed up for a Google or Google+ account by
> joining some mail list?

Yesno, there was the need to have a Google account to open and/or to
join a mailing list. Some time ago the Arch Linux mailing list was
moderated and some users disliked it, so we searched for an alternative.
Google provided it, but they want more data about the users, than a
subscription with an email address only.